CAP offers two annual awards for outstanding water research, one in the amount of $1000 to the first place winner, and one for $500 to the second place winner.
- Encourage and support water research in colleges and universities.
- Raise public awareness of water issues.
- Raise public awareness of CAP.
- The CAP Award for Water Research is a partner with the Arizona Hydrological Society (AHS).
- CAP will award each recipient with an additional $250 sponsorship to the AHS annual symposium.
- The CAP Award will be presented at a special awards luncheon during the symposium.
- Award recipients will present their research during regular sessions at the symposium.
- Winning papers will be included in the published conference proceedings and on the CAP internet site.
- The CAP Award will be available to graduate and undergraduate students at any college or university in the State of Arizona.
- Papers should address water issues facing the Lower Basin States and should be of interest to CAP and other water users. Priority will be given to papers addressing Colorado River issues.
- Papers should represent the student's original, unpublished work.
Suggested Research Topics
- Drought Management
- Environmental law
- Groundwater Resources
- Indian water rights
- Public Perception of Water Issues
- Recharge Riparian Habitat
- Rural watershed/water use
- Surface water
- Surface/groundwater relationships
- Threatened/endangered species
- Water law
- Water policy/politics
- Water rights
- Water supply/use
If you would like to submit the entry form, the complete paper and a one page abstract electronically, please click here. Submissions for the CAP Award for Water Research are accepted anytime during a given year. The deadline for submissions is May 21.
Submissions are reviewed by a committee comprised of a member of CAP's popularly elected Board of Directors, CAP staff members and CAP water customers. All applicants are notified of the results of their applications through electronic correspondence.