CAP offers two annual awards for outstanding water research, one in the amount of $1000 to the first place winner, and one for $500 to the second place winner.
- Encourage and support water research in colleges and universities.
- Raise public awareness of water issues.
- Raise public awareness of CAP.
- The CAP Award for Water Research is a partner with the Arizona Hydrological Society (AHS).
- CAP will award each recipient with an additional $250 sponsorship to the AHS annual symposium.
- The CAP Award will be presented at a special awards luncheon during the symposium.
- Award recipients will present their research during regular sessions at the symposium.
- Winning papers will be included in the published conference proceedings and on the CAP internet site.
- The CAP Award will be available to graduate and undergraduate students at any college or university in the State of Arizona.
- Papers should address water issues facing the Lower Basin States and should be of interest to CAP and other water users.
- Papers should represent the student's original, unpublished work.
Suggested Research Topics
- Drought Management
- Environmental law
- Groundwater Resources
- Indian water rights
- Public Perception of Water Issues
- Recharge Riparian Habitat
- Rural watershed/water use
- Surface water
- Surface/groundwater relationships
- Threatened/endangered species
- Water law
- Water policy/politics
- Water rights
- Water supply/use
If you would like to submit the entry form, the complete paper and a one page abstract electronically, please click here.
Submissions are reviewed by a committee comprised of a member of CAP's popularly elected Board of Directors, CAP staff members and CAP water customers. All applicants are notified of the results of their applications through electronic correspondence.