The Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) and Central Arizona Water Conservation District (CAWCD) collaboratively lead efforts to finalize the Drought Contingency Plan (DCP) in Arizona. They lead the Steering Committee, which included approximately 40 water professionals from throughout the state, as they discussed a broad range of issues that addressed the concerns of all stakeholders across the state. The meetings concluded in February 2019.
Details of that process can be found here.
Basin States’ Letter to Congress and Package of DCP Agreements
- HB2540 - Pinal Groundwater Infrastructure Fund
- HB2541 - System Conservation Fund
- HB2542 – Groundwater Savings Facilities, Storage Credits
- HB2543 - Water Banks, Storage Credits, Exchanges
- HB2544 – Effluent, Recharge, Credits
- HB2545 – Amendments, Colorado River Drought Contingency
- HJR2002 - Colorado River Drought Contingency Plan Joint Resolution
More Information about DCP
- March 7, 2019 - CAWCD Board Convenes for March Meeting: Approves one more AZDCP agreement for Arizona ICS Program
- February 21, 2019 - CAWCD Convenes for Special Board Meeting Regarding Intrastate DCP Agreements
- January 31, 2019 - CAWCD Convenes for Special Board Meeting Regarding DCP Agreements
- January 24, 2019 - CAWCD Convenes for Special Board Meeting Regarding Drought Contingency Plan
- January 7, 2019 – CAWCD Board Authorizes up to $5 million for CAP Ag Pool Groundwater Infrastructure and Efficiency Program
- December 19, 2018 - Getting to the Finish Line – What’s Next for Colorado River Drought Contingency Planning?
- December 7, 2018 - CAWCD Clears Path for Arizona Drought Contingency Implementation Plan
- September 6, 2018 - Update on AZ LBDCP Process
- August 15, 2018 - Implementing the Lower Basin Drought Contingency Plan in Arizona: 4 Essential Elements
- July 25, 2018 - AZDCP Stakeholder Steering Committee Kicks Off First Meeting
- June 27, 2018 - Arizona Moving Forward on Lower Basin Drought Contingency Planning Discussions