ARIZONA - STRONGER TOGETHER
As the drought in the Colorado River Basin extends beyond its 20th year, we anticipate the first-ever shortage declaration on the Colorado River. The shortage will result in a substantial cut to Arizona’s share of the river, with reductions falling largely to central Arizona agricultural users. These reductions are painful, but we are prepared. We have long understood the risks to Arizona’s Colorado River supplies and have been planning for decades, including the successful efforts to create a Drought Contingency Plan for the Colorado River system in 2019.
- Why do water managers pay such close attention to the 24-Month Study?
- CAP Priority System
- Lake Mead – 2021 Tier Zero Operations
- Hydrologic Modeling
- Lake Mead/Lake Powell Operations – Conjunctive Management
- August 2020 24-Month Study
- Colorado River Basin Climate and Hydrology State of the Science Report
- Lake Mead – 2020 Tier Zero Operations