How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Central Arizona Project (CAP)! We take pride in investing in projects that further the awareness and education of water-related issues and that promote CAP’s name and mission in the community.
To apply for CAP sponsorship, please complete this Sponsorship Request form. Requests for sponsorship should be submitted online only.
Requests may take up to six weeks to process. CAP reserves the right to evaluate or audit the activities of organizations receiving support, as well as to ensure that all promised sponsorship benefits have been received.
CAP provides for two types of sponsorships:
- Marketing Sponsorships – CAP will support events where there is a water nexus and the ability to promote CAP’s name and mission to event participants. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis and are reviewed by a committee. The amount funded is tied to the marketing value/exposure received.
- Educational Sponsorships – As an active participant in many Arizona communities, CAP believes in the possibilities of our water future through continuous learning and education. CAP will consider supporting organizations in the United States that use the power of education and service to improve the understanding of CAP and Arizona’s critical water supply in CAP’s service counties (Pima, Pinal and Maricopa). The number of sponsorships granted to an agency may be capped per year in order to allow for many different requests from our entire service area.
CAP focuses on specific projects or programs that promote and add value to the scope of services offered by our organization in the following areas:
- Water and other natural resource education
- Water and other natural resource conservation
- Civic and community involvement services related to water and other natural resources
We typically direct our limited sponsorship funds toward activities that are consistent with our mission, are likely to have a broad impact (either through marketing exposure or educational reach) and that promote awareness of CAP.
Central Arizona Project DOES NOT sponsor the following:
- Nonprofit organizations that have been in existence for less than one year
- Scholarships or other direct support to individuals or families
- Fraternal, political, labor, athletic or social organizations, civic clubs, political action committees, candidates, lobbying or projects
- Capital campaigns, endowments or endowed chairs
- Salaries and salary-related expenses such as benefits, tuition, travel, continuing education, etc.
- For-profit entities
- Labor, religious, fraternal, military and professional association activities
- Sports and athletic groups and activities or teams
- Programs, activities or events involving alcohol or tobacco
- Any other support that does not meet the IRS definition of a charitable purpose