In November 2017, CAWCD Board President Lisa Atkins announced the formation of a Customer Service Task Force, to be co-chaired by Lisa Atkins and Ben Graff and comprised of CAWCD Board Members. The objective of the Task Force is to identify actionable improvements to CAP customer service processes. The focus will be on processes, not specific outcomes or decisions, although improved processes will produce higher quality outcomes with better transparency, understanding and buy-in.
Under the direction of Co-Chairs Atkins and Graff, CAP hired a third-party consultant, Jeanne Schulze, to assist the Task Force with our efforts. Ms. Schulze began working in January 2018 and has developed a six-month roadmap. Her work will begin with a robust Discovery Phase in which Ms. Schulze will gather information and feedback from the CAWCD Board, stakeholders and staff.
Co-Chairs: Lisa Atkins, Ben Graff
Members: Alexandra Arboleda, Jennifer Brown, Karen Novak Cesare, Terry Goddard, James Alan Hartdegen, L. M. “Pat” Jacobs, Heather Macre, Sharon B. Megdal, Mark Taylor
The Customer Service Task Force held its second meeting on May 17. Following a detailed presentation of the Discovery Phase Findings, the Task Force began the process of prioritizing areas of focus that the Task Force will begin to address. Through a collaborative group discussion, the Task Force identified four main areas of focus listed below. These areas will be addressed first, and other areas identified in the feedback received will be addressed in the future.
The four main areas of focus are as follows:
- 1.Board Committees – find ways to improve empowerment of Board Committees and level of trust in work done by Committees
- 2.Behavioral Issues – work on listening skills and development of personal relationships
- 3.Board meeting structure – explore ways to make better use of meetings to improve stakeholder relationships and enable more stakeholder input
- 4.Create new processes to hear all perspectives
The Task Force encourages all stakeholders to participate in this process. In addition to attending meetings, we have set up an email address to submit any comments or questions to the Task Force: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Task Force would like to collect as much feedback as possible on the main areas of focus listed above prior to the next Task Force Meeting on June 21.
Our next Task Force meeting is June 21 at 1:00pm. Any updates before that meeting will be posted on this page.
At this time, three meetings are anticipated. The proposed meeting schedule* is:
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:00pm at CAP Headquarters
- Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 2:00pm at CAP Headquarters
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:00pm at CAP Headquarters
*meetings are subject to change. See official meeting notices here.